Yesterday afternoon, the kids and I were running errands in town and we decided to meet Greg for lunch. We didn't have a lot of time so we ended up just running into Wendy's for a quick bite. We ordered our food and sat down. Greg followed bringing our order to the table when he nudges me to look at the table next to us. Greg whispered to me, "they're on a date." It was an older couple. The guy kind of looked like Kip from 'Napoleon Dynamite'. The woman, to me, looked a little more like Fran from "Mama's Family". They were most definitely on a blind date. Why
Wendys was the meeting choice? I will never know. There was a little chatting, but I'd say about 10 minutes into it the woman was out. I couldn't really hear what they were saying but Greg kept his ear open. The woman said, "...well, I have some errands to run, so...".
Doh! Poor guy. He was trying so hard to get her to stay, and leaving the door open for a second chance. He said something along the lines of, "....well, will there be another date? .....don't give up yet." But clearly the woman was not interested. She got out of there as quickly as she could. I feel for the guy. I guess love was not found at Wendy's after all.
1 comment:
How sad! That is funny though because we always look around tryin to see who might be on a first date!
Post a Comment