Saturday, September 19, 2009

1st Grade



First day of school.....

Backpack - check

New shoes tied tight - check

Clean, new clothes - check

Healthy Lunch prepared by mom - check!


I really gotta say I am so excited that Ethan is finally going to school for a full day that he has to bring a sack lunch now. And I am so pround of myself for packing a such a great lunch too! Check out...carrot sticks and water. Go Me! (I know it won't last, but at least I did good on the first day)


I can't believe Ethan is in 1st grade! He is getting so big. I honestly can't believe how much he has grown and how smart he is. He is really good in math and a great reader! (Both qualities he gets from his father) He is creative and is a pretty darn good story teller. His teacher noticed these qualities the first day of school. Ethan sits at the far left of the room by the windows, desk facing the board. Apparently, half way through the day and during instructions, Ethan picked up his desk and turned it around so he was facing the door (to the right of the room). The teacher asked him why he did that. He wisely says, "because my neck hurts from turning and looking in the same direction all the time" Mrs. Brothers was quite amused by this and said he was justified in his reasoning. He did not get in trouble for moving his desk, but she did seat him in a new area. I think his teacher is really nice and down to earth. I think she will be real good for Ethan. Ethan is a bit of a wiggleworm. He has a hard time focusing on the task at hand. (Both qualities he gets from me.) So if you have any suggestions on how to deal with this and get him more focused, I am all ears.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

That is funny. He looks like he could be a third grader - isn't he pretty tall for his age. I've got 13 grandkids and I don't think any of them have an attention span so no advice here. He's so cute!