Since my last sewing project, I have decided, maybe i can really try to push myself harder and try to sew something new. I decided another skirt would be fun (I don't want to do something that would only discourage me, lets still keep it simple). I found a pattern that I liked and some material and went to work. The only thing that really frustrated me was putting in the zipper. It was the first time I had ever attempted this, and though it won't be my last, I don't mind waiting awhile before I have to do it again. Anyway, I thought it turned out super cute. Then I needed to complete the belt. Also, fairly easy, but a few hang-ups that made the task take longer than expected. After the skirt and belt were finished, I realized that I did not have a blouse to go with it. I kinda had a picture in my head of what kind of top I wanted, sooooooooo.....I decided to sew that as well. Here is my completed outfit, head to toe, all sewn by me! Yay! :o)
Hey...look at this...one blouse, two GREAT looks! (The blouse is actually fairly long, but I tucked it in to the skirt because it looked better, and then with jeans I am wearing it how it supposed to be worn) :o)







7 comments:
Love it!!! You are awesome! I have been wanting to start sewing some clothes for myself and have bought fabric but haven't actually done anything yet. Great job!!
That is beyond darling!!! I'm so impressed with your SKILZ! Way to go!
Holy cannoli you look fantastic! I am having major blouse envy. Please share?
Wow Afton. I was really amazed at the jean skirt you made awhile back and here you've gone and done it again. Impressive and oh so cute!
Wow afton! That really is impressive! I don't saw at all! You look great too!
Thank you so much for all your nice comments. It just encourages me more to improve my sewing skills. Thanks a bunch!
Oh Sarah~ the blouse is a Mccalls pattern M6034. :o)
Post a Comment