One of Ethan's latest project was a diorama, based on a book that he read. My reaction to the breaking news of this project.... "Ugh!". However, the excitement in Ethan's face when he told me what he had to do made me realize I should put forth a little more effort and enthusiasm. After all, if I show that I am NOT interested, then he will more than likely copy my attitude on projects to come. Sooooo....after many days of procrastination (on my part, not Ethan...he reminded me everyday. So much for enthusiasm, eh?) I finally took the time to help him with his diorama. Now, I do use that term lightly...When I say "help" it's more like.....'move over kid! Let me show you how it's done. You can watch. I will let you know when its finished.' This is a technique I learned from my dad. He had a hard time letting us kids do our projects too. He was a bit of a perfectionist. Now, I am nowhere near a perfectionist, but I do feel like I can do a slightly better job than that of a 7 yr old. (or at least I'd like to think so.) However, I did allow Ethan an opinion or two about placements and colors. And I let him put the stickers on too. :o)
I ended up having quite a bit of fun "helping" Ethan with his diorama. As well as, in a way, fulfilling some sort of childhood dream of actually being able to do a school project without the assistance of my parents. So this is OUR completed diorama! ;o)








No comments:
Post a Comment