Saturday, February 6, 2010

Aidan Rides his Bike!

I can't believe it! I really can't. We struggled with Ethan for years to learn how to ride his bike and he constantly refused. (Ethan learned how to ride his last year) Now, Aidan, 4 years old, learned how to ride his bike in FIVE minutes. (Yes. Really. FIVE minutes!) Aidan got his bike for his birthday last September. He rode it (with training wheels) a couple of times but then the tube in the tire got some holes and its been sitting in the garage ever since. Today, Greg decided it was time to fix the bike. Greg had to take the training wheels off to fix the back tire. After that was done, I suggested to Aidan he should try riding his bike without the extra help, but re-assured him that I would be there to catch him if he fell. Aidan was hesitant, but went along with the plan, and then BAM! He was doing it by himself. He is out there having the time of his life riding bikes with his older brother. I AM SO PROUD OF MY LITTLE MAN! So proud, I think I might cry. This is why I LOVE being a mom, for these precious moments that come once in a lifetime. His smile and laughter at what he has accomplished today, brings such joy to my heart. GO AIDAN! :o)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That's amazing! What a natural!

wanda said...

Congratulations to Aidan! We had a similar experience. Sarah was a trial to teach to ride a bike -- I practically had to force her, but when it was time for Allison (probably a year after Sarah learned) decided she wanted to ride a bike, she essentially taught herself while Mark was gone to the store to buy training wheels! The power of example is really something.

Portraits by Robin Lee said...

Way to go buddy!