As many of you know, I have been patiently awaiting the arrival of our 3rd boy. Finally, on the evening of April 6th (my due date) I went into labor and headed for the hospital. After a quick 6 hour (start to finish) labor and delivery, Oliver William Clouse made his entrance into the world. He was born on April 7th, 2008 at 1:06 a.m., weighing in at a whopping 8 lbs 10 oz., and measuring 21 1/4" in length. He's got lots of dark hair, and dark blue eyes.I was certainly taken by suprise when labor advanced so quickly and I wasn't sure I was gonna make it to an epidural. (I was already at a 7 when I reached the hospital) However, they gave me the drugs and I was good to go. I must say, even though the contractions were strong and painful, this was by far the easiest and best labor & delivery.
Ethan and Aidan were excited to meet their new
brother. Aidan just wants to hold him all the time. Ethan likes to keep me updated on the baby. (ie: he's crying, he needs a diaper change, the blanket is covering his face) He is being the best big brother he can be. The boys also enjoy singing songs to him. Oliver seems to be entertained, but only for a few short moments. Dad has been helping a lot around the house and getting kids ready in the morning so I can have a little extra time resting or tending to Oliver. He also enjoys spending as much time with Oliver as possible. The fir
st thing he does when he gets home from work is take Oliver in his arms, and cuddle him.Oliver is such a blessing in our lives, and I am so thankful to be a mommy to such a precious gift.








8 comments:
We are so glad Oliver is here. We all love him and the boys are excited to have another boy cousin to play with. Love the pictures!
He is adorable! Congrats!
He is SOOOOOOO beautiful!!! I was hoping you were having your baby when you didn't show up for the party. :) I love his name, too! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Greg & Afton~ I love looking at blogs! I could spend hours. Thanks for remembering us. Your baby is really really cute. Margo sent me a little picture over my phone, but we can see him much better now. Congratulations!
Auntie Joan
Hey congratulations! I didn't know you had a blog - excellent! Love the name Oliver. Have fun with your men, and rest, lady, REST!!
Afton! Glad to find your blog... Oliver is absolutely adorable (and I love the name). Congrats!
Hi Afton, I'm so glad you found our blog and I'm glad to know you guys have one too! It is a fun way to keep up with everyone. Congratulations on the new baby! He is adorable!! Speaking of keeping up with everyone, I feel like such a loser because I didn't even know you were pregnant until the day you had your baby. I just saw on Ryan & Terri's blog that they had a new baby too, holy cow, hadn't heard about that either! I guess the family needs to get together more often! At least now I can keep up with you all this way, it will be fun! Thanks for commenting & good luck with all of your sweet boys!!
congrats on your baby..so sweet, I need your e-mail address
toazkyle@cox.net
Post a Comment