Last Sunday, my little sunbeam (Aidan) was asked to give the scripture in primary. He was sooo excited to stand at the podium and use the microphone. When they called him up he had the biggest grin on his face. He hopped up on the step adjusted the mic and happily repeated the following scripture I read to him.

"3rd Nephi, Chapter 18, verse 21: Pray in your families unto the Father, always in my name, that your wives and your children may be blessed"
But this is what they actually heard...
"Fird de-phi, chatter-a-teen, verse tweny-twon: Play in da ma famies heavny farder, always my name, buy a wife n our childwren day be bresst."
DId you understand that? Neither did anyone else in the room (except for big brother Ethan, who is well-versed in "Aidan talk"). Let's just say Aidan is lacking in the speech department. Nevertheless, I was still proud of my little sunbeam!Not only does Aidan not speak well, he is a little on the accident-prone side. The other day he decided to stick his finger in a tin can and sliced his finger open. Then the next day he fell down the stairs and the day after that he tripped and fell on the wagon and hurt his eye. Yeah, he's had a rough week, but it doesn't slow him down. He is always ready for his next venture!


And I just felt like posting this picture of Oliver...I thought it was cute and he actually has a big smile on his face! That is mashed potatoes all over his face. He loves potatoes and I can't feed him fast enough, so instead of feeding him I decided to plop the potatoes on his plate and he could feed himself. He was the happiest baby alive. (And I actually got to enjoy my dinner, too.)







4 comments:
Aidan has Gardner mush mouth as 3 of his cousin's did (or still have). They do grow out of it. And he sounds like Trevor in the accident department which again he grew out of. Ow on the finger though. Love the pic of Oliver and can't wait to see you guys tonight.
Your kids are soo cute! I love boys! I have a accident prone kiddo too. 5 sets of stiches...so far. I love the scripture translation! So cute!
So cute. I love kid stories, they always make me smile. Oliver is getting so big! I love the age when they start to feed themselves.
I'm shocked at how big your boys look!!!! What cuties!
Post a Comment