Sunday, August 23, 2009

Update Pt 3.

I know, I know....I am very slow on my updates! July was a lot more exciting than June by far. This was the month that we did a little travelling and of course its the month of....MY BIRTHDAY!
July has always been one of my favorite months, and always full of events. This year was no different. As usual, for the 4th of July, we headed up to my parents cabin in Colorado. Greg and I had a wonderful time. The weather...awesome, the scenery....gorgeous, the kids.....entertained, the company....enjoyable, and the entertainment.....ROCKIN'! Greg and I trailered up his motorcycle so we could take a fun ride around the Colorado mountains. It was beautiful. Greg also brought up his bow and did a little target practicing. (He never missed a target! He is GOOD!) The kids were occupied with their very own adventures. They had so much ground to explore. They spent all of their time outside in the fort, on quad rides or hiking the property and looking for wild life. They were in heaven. Greg and I also managed to getaway and play a little golf with my brother Christian. That was a lot of fun. I have never been golfing before, in fact, I would still say I have never been golfing because I didn't actually golf. However, I did get to drive the golf cart around and look for all the missing balls that didn't go where they were supposed to. It was like an Easter egg hunt in July (Greg and Christian are not the best golfers) It was really quite fun. I enjoyed myself. And of course, when Christian and Greg get together....it is always entertainment!

(Not the best picture of Christian, but I like it. )




Later in the month we headed up to Snowflake. Unfortunately, it was for Greg's grandmother's funeral. Although, the reason for visiting was sad, we still had an enjoyable time reuniting with relatives and catching up.

In my free time I did a little sewing. A couple of my closest friends' birthdays were in July. I sewed some aprons for them. They turned out really cute, and I was pleased with the final result. They liked them too!


On Friday the 31st (my birthday and 'golden year'), we loaded the kids in the car and headed to California. Before actually getting on the road, we needed to stop and fuel up. I was messing around with my camera and taking pictures of the kids in the back seat. It just so happened, the way I was sitting in my seat viewing the pictures i had just taken, I was facing my window. The guy fueling his truck up right next to us was chatting on the phone and noticed the camera, to which he stated in a joking manner, "Oh! Thanks for wanting to take my picture. " I laughed and then he told me to have a nice day. To which I replied, "I will! Its my birthday!" I did not expect what happened next. He walked over to our truck, introduced himself, 'Bob', shook my hand, wished me a happy birthday and then asked if anyone in the family had sung me the "Birthday Song". (When in fact....they had not!) I answered "no", and then he proceeded to get after Greg for not doing so. He demanded that Greg and the boys sing me the birthday song. Greg said he would but that was not good enough for Bob. He wanted Greg to do it right then! Greg tried to drive away but Bob put his hand on the truck and continued to slightly jog outside the truck until Greg sang. (Bob was doing this all while still chatting on the phone to his buddy) Finally, Bob decided that he would just sing to me instead, so he (and his friend on the phone) sang me Happy Birthday in the gas station. I think Greg was a bit annoyed by the guy, but for me, it was pure entertainment! I had the hugest smile on my face and was continually laughing at the guy. It was so sweet for a complete stranger to make such a big deal about my birthday. (And yes, I eventually got the birthday song from the family too.)

This is "Bob"


We stayed at the Embassy suites (our favorite place to stay), and went to Knottsberry Farm. Now Greg and I have become quite addicted to the Food Network Channel. When we arrived at the hotel, and put the kids to bed, we turned on the TV to the Food channel. It just so happened to be airing a special on the best places to eat at theme parks, or something like that. Much to our surprise, they mentioned Knottsberry farm. They had recommended that we eat at Mrs. Knotts Restaurant and get the fried chicken. It was the best around. I have to say....I cannot disagree. It was by far, the best fried chicken I have ever tasted. Thank you Food Network Channel. Thank you Mrs. Knotts. Thank you.

Knotts was fun and there was plenty to do, besides eating. We rode quite a few rides, but spent most of the time in the children's side of the park. (Aidan and Ethan both had a great time) After a long day at the park, tons of rides, and fun shows to watch, the kids were exhausted. We headed back to the hotel, but not before grabbing a couple of slices of Boysenberry pie! (Also, Delicious!) I'd say, the weekend/ my birthday was a definite fun success! Thank you, Greg, for making it happen! : )



Ethan was just tall enough to ride almost all the rides!

Poor Aidan was exhausted! He fell asleep during the ice skating show.
But he still was able to meet Snoopy!

1 comment:

Alex Gray said...

I'm glad you had such an AWESOME birthday weekend! What a fun trip for you and your family.....

On a side note, it's funny you mentioned Mrs. Knotts restaurant and the fried chicken. As a kid growing up in San Diego, we would often venture to that very same restaurant just to get the now famous chicken dinner. We never went to the amusement park, but would always, ALWAYS eat at that restaurant if passing through town or just had a craving for the friend chicken.

Funny, huh? :)