Okay....so I have no real excuse as to why it has been so long since my last post. I will just say, it was summer so I took a break. (Not to mention that I just saw Julie & Julia, which really kinda guilted me into getting back into blogging...not that I will ever become famous from my posts, or have millions of fans, but I need to update occassionally so I don't lose the very few who actually do read my blog.)
There have been many things I could blog about but because I put off writing the stories down, I forgot many. (Doh!) I will do my best to recall past events. To start off with, Ethan finished Kindergarten and will be starting 1st grade next week! I can't believe I have a 1st grader! I am really looking forward to the new school year and having Ethan in school for a full day. (Yay!) I think he really enjoyed going to school last year, and making new friends, and I am hoping this year will be the same. The school had a kindergarten graduation. Ethan looked so handsome in his cap and gown. All the kids got to walk across the stage, receive their certificate of completion and announce what they wanted to be when they grow up. Most of the boys said police officer or soldiers, many of the girls chose ballerinas, veterinarians or teachers, one boy stated he wanted to work for Intel (hmmm, interesting), and one little girl mentioned...she just wanted to be a "smart girl", but Ethan.....drum roll please.....he announces that when he grows up he wants to be "Iron Man!" (And an awesome superhero he would be!)


While on the subject of Ethan; he has learned how to ride his bike! (Lets hear it for the boy! woo-hoo!) This was so exciting to watch. I have spent countless days trying to get him interested in learning to ride. He would not give me one ounce of enthusiasm. Then one day, he was in the front yard, walked to the garage, wheeled his bike out and announced..."I think I want to learn to ride my bike today." REALLY?! With no hesitation, Greg jumped up, grabbed Ethan's bike, held him steady and he was off. No problems. Ethan mastered the art of riding in no time!







No comments:
Post a Comment