Friday, April 9, 2010

Lucky Ducks!

My parents house is common for visitors to stop in, stay awhile, and then (hopefully) leave. Their house is very large and very accommodating for many. They serve as great hosts to all those who come their way, and do their best to make everyone feel at home and be as comfortable as possible. Everyone is always pleased during their stay and very appreciative of all the efforts they go to, to make their stay as pleasant as possible.

Apparently, some ducks have caught wind of this hospitality and have taken refuge in my parents luxuriously large, eye-catching pool. A mama duck has made a nest in the bushes near the pool, and her eggs have recently hatched. (I am surprised during the Easter egg hunt that no duck eggs were found.) My parents are now accommodating a family of 10. 1 mama, 9 ducklings. Since the ducklings cannot fly, they were unable to get out of the pool when they jumped in to cool off. So, my dad, being the most soft-hearted and creative man ever, built them a couple of ramps for the sweet ducklings to use to get out of the pool. And every morning, he puts a tray of Cheerios out on the deck (and some in the pool) for the ducks to eat. (I am telling you...my parents are VERY accommodating!) My kids have been LOVING this. They love to sit poolside and just watch and observe the ducks and quack at them.
Nana and Pop-pops IS the place to be!

I love you mom and dad (and so do the ducks)! :o)

4 comments:

wanda said...

Are your parents crazy?!?! That's 10 ducks to poop all over your yard! Is Barkley as accommodating as your parents?

Brittany said...

That is so cute!!!! But, I thought the poop thing, too. I guess baby duckling's poop isn't much though! My kids would go nuts for a chance like that! FUN!

Lisa said...

Man, they are so nice! I don't think I'd be that nice :)

Me said...

I've always loved your parents too :) they always took good care of me!