It is soooo sad. Our ducks are dying! There are only two baby ducklings left. We are not sure what is happening. We have only found two dead bodies and the other ducklings have disappeared. We think its a combination of a cat or larger bird taking them, and poor nutrition. We are trying to feed the ducks, but it could also be the chlorine from the pool. The kids are handling the deaths very well. And Ethan last night during prayer asked, "Heavenly Father please keep the dead ducks safe in heaven.....oh, and keep the live ducks safe and healthy too." It was sooo sweet! So goodbye to Elizabeth, Sport, Seven, Herman, Spots, Stinky, and Ducky. And we hope that with the help of Mama Duck Mary, the two remaining ducklings, Picasso and Scooter will survive. (Yes, the boys and I named the ducks)
On another note: Today when I picked Ethan up from school, he had a star stamp on his hand! This means he a had a great day without getting into trouble. (These days are far and few between) When a day such as this occurs, I always overly praise him and tell him how proud I am of him and how excited I am that he has made good choices for the day and then he usually receives "a special", a treat or prize of some sort. So during my praising, I squeal... "Oh Ethan, i am soooo PROUD of you I just wanna give you tons of hugs and kisses all over and squeeze you with love!" (Okay, a little over the top, but I was so HAPPY) To which Ethan raises his hand to my face with a serious look and says, "that would NOT be a great "special" for me. I don't want your hugs and kisses. How 'bout you just make me a card or picture or something or do a project for me. That would be better. Besides, I don't want you getting too tired from giving me all those hugs and kisses." Isn't he sweet and so thoughtful?!? :o)
Watch Life in a Metro 2007 Subtitled English HD
5 years ago







3 comments:
That is so sad about the ducks & hilarious about his hand to your face! Your kids really are full of spunk!
poor ducks
I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
Take a minute an check my blog out
I have lots of great giveaways going on.
Thanks :)
ethertonphotography.blogspot.com
If I was a duck I would so totally move into your parents backyard too. Who wouldn't?
That's so sad that they are dying. Poor things. Hope the other 2 make it.
Way to go on that star Ethan! Keep up the good work. Afton, good luck with that "project" that you're working on for him. What a crack up!
Post a Comment