I wanted to take the kids to the zoo before the weather got too hot. I wasn't sure wh

en we were going to go and I was talking to my mom on the phone to see if she wanted to join us. I didn't want to get Ethan too excited, so as I spoke to my mom I said, Do you want to go to the z-o-o. Ethan then announces to Aidan, "We get to go to the zoo!" I forget he knows how to spell. It's a good thing my mom said she would go.
The next day we picked up my mom and Ethan says, "Guess what Nana, we are going to the z-o-o today." My mom and I were laughing hysterically. It was a great way to

start the day. We picked a great day to go. You couldn't have asked for better weather. It was cool in the morning and sunny in the afternoon, but not hot. Usually when we go to the zoo, we don't get to see all the animals. They are usually hiding in

the shady spots. However, this time all the animals were out. We even saw the Tortoise walking around. (I have never seen that thing move in my life!)
Ethan and Aidan had a great time. Although it was a little embarassing to have my 2 1/2 year old walking around the zoo with his finger pointed and hand clasped around eachother going, "whoa bear... Bang! I shot bear. Look mom, bird...Bang! I shoot bird." He basically pretended to shoot almost every animal in the place except

for the monkeys. I guess that's what I get for letting him watch hunting shows with his dad.

4 comments:
Found your blog by clicking "next blog", saying hello.
It's still cool and we don't have a great zoo here. I'm a little envious because I would like a nice field trip with nice weather. Thanks for the photos, they're lovely photos!
I've had the same Z-o-o conversation! And since Brian hunts, the girls are always "shooting" stuff. Too funny!
I'm glad you and the boys had fun this spring break and that Nana got to go too. Baby boy 3 should be coming soon and I'm glad we didn't miss his arrival.
Hey Afton! Looks like fun at the Z-O-O! It was good hearing from you. I am starting up a personal blog here soon. I would love you to come visit. I thing the site is RobinleeAZ.blogspot.com Anyway, hope you all are doing well!
Post a Comment