Thursday, March 27, 2008

Vegetables

Just a funny story...Ethan came in to the kitchen while I was making dinner and asked if I would make vegetables. (I assume they were talking about vegetables at school that day.) He wanted to eat vegetables because they were good for him, and would make him strong. So I did. When I called him to the dinner table, he looked at his plate then looked at me with a puzzling face. He wanted to know what the green "trees" were doing on his plate. I told him I made steamed broccoli for him. He threw his hands up in the air and said "No mom! I said I wanted veg-ta-bles!" I told him broccoli was a vegetable, what did he think a vegetable was? I guess, he wanted corn. However, after putting butter, salt and a sprinkle of cheese, and lots of tough talk from his dad (who did not eat his broccoli!) Ethan managed to eat a few "trees."

No comments: