skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Just 'Plane' Fun
Saturday, March 1st, we (and I mean, Greg) decided to take the kids for another plane ride. Ethan had been talking about going up in the plane again, so why not. I was planning on staying on the ground with Aidan and video taping, per Greg's request. Greg has been wanting me to video tape him for awhile now. I knew it was going to be a short flight. Basically, take-off, turn around and landing. (Not too different from our last flight with the kids.) We arrive at the airport and Ethan announces to us that he is going to do his best not to cry. Gotta love him! Greg does his checks and again Aidan follows close behind, observing his every move. Aidan then tries to climb into the plane. I grab him and he starts to fuss. "Aidan, do you
want to fly with daddy?" I ask. He replies "yep." Ethan says, "I will sit in the back with Aidan and take care of him mommy." What a big boy he is becoming. So I take the video camera and document the flight from the ground. I gotta say, when all my boys took off in the plane, I
became really uneasy. My whole life just flew away from me. I was just praying for everything to be a success. Ten minutes had passed and my mind was at ease, Greg had made his landing and my family was safe on the ground. I ran over to the plane, video in hand. The first words I hear were from Greg, "No tears," he states. Then Ethan, "I didn't cry and Aidan didn't either, I took care of him." Then I turn the camera to Aidan, he still had that same look of concern he had from our last flight, but there were no tears or red eyes. I feel a tapping on my leg, I look down and Ethan asks me, "Um-mom...can we go get our new monster trucks now?" Oh boy, of course he would ask that. I say no and then Ethan whines, "but mom, we didn't cry." What do you do? I changed the subject. "Let's go watch the video on t.v. and then get some dinner." He was all for that. Our second flight attempt with the kids is a success and another fun family day comes to end.
No comments:
Post a Comment