
Greg has been taking the boys to the lake a lot lately, which has been nice because 1. I get to play with Olie without the boys constantly in his face and 2. It is a lot less noisy and I am able to take awesome naps. When they return home, Ethan would always ask why I didn't come, or will I go with them next time. I finally decided to ask my parents if they would watch Olie so I could join Greg and the older boys at the lake. So yesterday, we drove to Canyon Lake for some family fun. It was overcast all day so it wasn't terribly hot, but neither was the water. When we jumped in it was pretty chilly, but you get used to it after awhile. Ethan was so excited to have me there. He wanted to show me all his "tricks" he could do jumping off the boat. He did canon balls, belly flops, side dives and back dives (which were basically back flops & side flops, but still darn cute ;) Aidan was just excited to jump off the boat and practice his swimming. I attempted the knee-board, and was able to pull myself up for a little bit, but it was a lot harder than I remember. It made me realize just how outta shape I am, and I might need to start thinking about getting myself into a regular exercise routine. For the most part we just drove the boat around, we swam, and we ate. It was great to spend that time with the older boys...I fear they feel a little neglected since most my days are spent with Olie in my arms. I look forward to the next lake trip! (Assuming I have a sitter for Oliver)









4 comments:
Sounds like fun! As Hunter is getting bigger, I'm trying to spend a little more time with my girls. Your boys are so cute!
I love Canyon Lake! Sounds (and looks) like you all had so much FUN!
Isn't the lake the best?! I love that picture of you and your boys on bottom. Too cute!
so cute! can't wait until we get to go with you guys.
Post a Comment