Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy 6th Birthday Ethan!

I can't believe that six years ago today, I was bringing this beautiful boy into the world. Time has gone by so fast. I couldn't have asked for a better first child. I had no idea what I was doing when it came to motherhood, but Ethan made everything so easy for me. (It wasn't until baby #2, when I realized motherhood was a tough job.) He was so excited to see the world that he decided to make his entrance a couple weeks early. That way, he was able to go to his own baby shower. (He just loves birthdays and presents.)
(Ethan is on the left, his cousin Erik on the right.
Ethan is about 4 months, Erik - 2 months)

Ethan loves his brothers. (Most of the time). He loves to try to take care of their every need. If they cry, he rushes to them and tries to make them better. If he is unsuccessful, then he calls for me to help. He will stand by my side to see what I do. That way, he is better prepared for the next time. Ethan is best buds with both of his brothers. He and Aidan could play monster trucks all day if I let them. They do have their fights, but within a few minutes the problem is solved and they go back to having fun. It doesn't matter that Olie is only 6 months, Ethan will still play with him. He will lay on the blanket next to him and sing, or show him a picture he drew, or just give him a bunch of infant toys to slobber on.



He is very affectionate and loves to smile. Taking his picture is never a problem. He loves to make funny faces and try to make people laugh. Even when he gets mad, he's funny...even though he's not trying to be. He'll stomp around the room with a really ugly face, then I'll laugh, which then makes him laugh, and then he's not upset anymore. He is such a silly boy!

He loves trying to be just like his daddy, but I think he is more like his mommy. He is a great helper, and when I ask him to do something he will say with a smile, "alright, mommy. I can do that." He is very polite. He always says please, thank you, and your welcome. He gives great hugs and kisses, and he knows it. You can't say goodnight or goodbye without receiving one.
He brings such happiness into our lives. I love him dearly! Happy birthday kiddo!




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Brittany said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETHAN!!!! He really is such a sweet, loving boy. Spoil him good on his birthday, he deserves it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it crazy having a 6 year old? It just sounds so old! haha! Happy Birthday to your LITTLE boy, no matter how old right? Hey, thanks for putting a link to my vinyl blog on your blog!

Hallie said...

Happy 6th Birthday Ethan! We hope you had a great day!!!