Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

Last night, we decided to finally carve our pumpkin. Ethan was really excited. He's never carved a pumpkin before. (Actually...he still hasn't) He didn't want to do anything except pick the design and draw/trace the picture. He wouldn't even get his hands dirty and help clean out the insides. Aidan didn't want to do it either. (Sometimes they are so wimpy.) I finally made the kids just stick their hands inside. They didn't have to touch anything. So they agreed to that. They put them in then took them out real quick. (like something inside the pumpkin was going to eat their hand) Anyway, I think the pumpkin turned out pretty good. The boys couldn't wait to see it outside in the dark, all lit up.

Also, yesterday was Greg's 33rd birthday. It was pretty uneventful. Truth be told, I pretty much forgot about it until he reminded me late Sunday night before going to bed. I told him he wasn't getting anything. He was fine with that. The kids did make him a card a while back. So at least he got something. I asked him if he wanted me to get him a cake, but he said no. All he wanted was a butterfinger blizzard. DONE! I think he was just happy to get home from work and have the kids totally occupied so that he could relax and watch sports. I'd say he spent his birthday exactly the way he wanted to.

1 comment:

Gardner Family said...

Happy Birthday Greg! We totally forgot too. We'll have to have a family get together for Ethan, Greg, and Jason's B-day.