This happened about a week ago. One afternoon, I told Aidan it was time for him to take his nap. (This has always been a struggle, as I am sure many of you can relate.) Of course, he threw a fit and did not want to go to sleep. He came up with every excuse in the book to keep me from leaving the room. "I wanna drink o' water", "read me a story", "I need my truck, it on you bed, can I get it?" Um...NO! Aidan - go to bed! I close the door and head downstairs to help Ethan with his homework. All the while I hear Aidan crying/yelling "I don't wanna sleep, I wanna play!" I continue to ignore this, eventually he will fall asleep. About 15 minutes go by, I hear more screaming. Again, I ignore him. Finally, a loud, high-pitched scream comes from Aidan's room. He's screaming "Mommy, mommy, help me!" It terrified me, did he fall off the top bunk? Is there someone in the room? I have never heard this scream before, something is definitely wrong. I run upstairs as quick as I could to find Aidan curled up in the corner of his bed, tears rolling down his face, the look of fear in his eyes and a pillow hiding his body. What is wrong? He tells me there is a monster in the room. A what? A monster over there. Where? Over there! I walk to the window, where? Aidan hops out of bed (rather calmly) and points to the shadow of the blinds, "right there, mom!! It scary. It gonna eat me!" I tell Aidan its just a shadow, its fine, but I will close the blinds better so you don't see the monster anymore. He then proceeded to tell me, "it's you fault mommy! You make the monster!". Can you say, guilt trip! "I'm sorry Aidan, but the monster is gone now." I give him big hugs and kisses to let him know he is safe. Then I hear this, "My nap over, I go play now."
So he is either taking advantage of his scary encounter, or he devised this scheme and acted it out perfectly, as an excuse to get out of his nap. Um...sorry you were scared Aidan, but you are still taking your nap! (but nice try!)









4 comments:
sounds just like Tatum. She'll do anything to keep from going to bed!
That's hilarious! Isn't everything mommy's fault? It's great you are writing down these funny stories so you can always remember them.
Loved the story, he sounds like a character!
Smart Kid! He is so cute. I love that picture of him.
Post a Comment