This post is well overdue! Olie turned 1 a couple weeks ago. I didn't have a big party or anything, but I did get him a cake and invited my sister in law and her kids over to join in in the celebration. We ordered pizza, and let the boys play. I put Olie in his high chair and got the cake out to put the candle on it. Then the phone rang...it was my mother in law calling to wish a happy birthday to the little guy. After a quick chat and happy birthday song over the phone, I resume to my previous activity of topping the cake with the candle, when I am stopped in my tracks and start screaming at the top of my lungs..."Aahhhh!! Who did this?!" This is what I found....

That's right! Some little kids already got to the cake! They just couldn't wait 5 minutes. Ethan, Aidan and Thomas all enjoyed a good finger licking of the icing. Oh well. It happens. They're kids, what did I expect. I stuck the candle in the cake and continued on with the celebration. Oliver enjoyed the song as well as the cake! I'd say it was a success. 









No comments:
Post a Comment