
I can't believe Greg and I have been married 9 years. It has gone by fast, and yet so slow. They have been 9 wonderful, fun-filled, happy years. Anyway, I saw this on my cousins blog a while back and thought it would be fun.
1.Where did you meet your husband?
I met Greg through the boy I was dating. He told me that his friend Greg had just got off his mission and he really wanted me to meet him.
2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
I honestly don't remember. Probably something along the lines of, "Brian has told me a lot about you" or "So where did you go on your mission?"
3. Where was your first date?
He picks me up and he was going to take me to Nielsen's for ice cream, and meet up with his friend Clint and his wife. Greg couldn't remember what street it was on so we ended up driving up down a few different streets, all the while he was telling me, "I went to a party once here and crashed my car" and "this is the canal where me and a friend of mine were racing down and the truck flipped into the canal" It was a very interesting conversation to pass the time. We finally found Nielsen's and had a very pleasant time with Greg and his friends.
4. Where was your first kiss?
In his truck, after our first date.
5. Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?
We had a long courtship and engagement. We dated for almost a year before he proposed, and then had a 9 month engagement.
6. Where did you get engaged?
He sort of re-created our first date. After going with me to do some last minute Christmas shopping, he had the idea of going to Nielsen's for ice cream (we hadn't been back there since our 1st date) Laughing at the fact, we couldn't find the darn place, once again, we drove to a park. He suggested we listen to some music, and put a CD in the player. It was Michael Peterson's "From here to Eternity". For those of you not familiar with the song, it's about a guy proposing to his girlfriend, and just as the line was sung, "please hold out your hand.....I've been dying to ask you one question...will you be mine", he slipped the ring on my finger. I was so excited! I had been waiting for him to propose for a while, so of course I said YES!
7. Where did you get married?
In the Mesa Temple

8. How did the reception go?
I think it went great. We had the reception in my parents backyard. Everyone who helped in getting things all organized and ready to go did an excellent job. Aside from the fact that it was a garden reception and we a short rainfall, I'd say it went pretty smoothly. And because of the rain clouds we got some awesome sunset pictures!

9. How was the honeymoon?
We actually got into our first fight as a married couple on our honeymoon, but quickly made up. We went to Las Vegas and San Francisco. Greg was working for America West at the time so we got to fly free. It was awesome.







3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! You and your family are so cute.
Happy Anniversary! You guys are adorable together, and make cute babies! :)
It's fun to remember those days! Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment