
The first weekend of May, Greg and I decided to take a spur of the moment getaway trip to Las Vegas. My parents said they would watch the kids. So we packed my VW, plugged in the GPS and hit the road. We got on the road a little late Friday so we didn't roll into Vegas until about 11pm, but hey, Vegas never sleeps, so we didn't miss out. Not more than 30 minutes in Vegas, I hit a slot machine (nickels) and one some cash! I cashed-out immediately and bought Greg and I some dinner. :o)
After a good nights rest and sleeping in, we headed out for the day. Saturday was jam packed. We decided to visit Mandalay Bay and see the Shark Reef Aquarium. Very nice. I loved the Octopus! It was so active that day and I snapped a lot of pictures. One thing that Greg and I like to do is eat. We like finding those "hole in the wall" restaurants that have the best food, usually recommended by someone. One of the shows we like is Guy Fieri's, 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives'. Before we left we did some research and found 1 restaurant in Vegas (The Four Kegs) that he has been to many times before when he was going to school at UNLV. We watched the video clip of the place and we knew we HAD to try it. While in Vegas, we knew we had to schedule time in our busy day to take a break and get some grub and FOUR KEGS was the place we were going. The lady who served us was just the sweetest gal ever. She let us know what they were famous for and gave us some other recommendations from the menu as well. We ordered their famous Stromboli, and a dozen of their Southern Spicy hot wings and an order of onion rings. All I gotta say is YUMMMMMMM!!!! It was so good. The wings were the best I have ever had. If you are ever in Vegas, I recommend going there! Here is link to video clip from Guy's show featuring Four Kegs.
After a busy day of walking, gambling and eating, we decided to head back to our room to rest up before our nights activities started, but not before we placed a couple bets on the Kentucky Derby. ;o) (That was really fun to watch, too bad our horses didn't win.)
We had bought tickets to go see Cirque du Soleil's "KA" at the MGM Grand. I have never seen a Cirque du Soliel show, so I was really excited to finally get to see one. It was really good, and I am so impressed with their talent. The special effects were awesome too. I really enjoyed myself. I think Greg was pleasantly surprised that he liked it also. (He was a little hesitant at first). The MGM was really crowded. Apparently there was a fight that night too. Greg isn't too big on crowds, so we walked across the catwalk over to New York, New York, where we got to witness a fight of our own. We had stopped to take pictures and down below were a couple of chicks have their own little smackdown. It was quite entertaining. We couldn't really hear what they were fighting about, but one girl got a couple good hits in and knocked the other gal to the ground.


Sunday morning we went to the Stratosphere to watch the people do the SkyJump off the top of the Stratosphere and free-fall over 800 feet. That was pretty cool. Next time I go, I want to do it. Overall, we had a pretty good time. The drive home was long. We got stuck in traffic at the Hoover Dam for about an hour, then a few miles past that there was a fatal accident that delayed us another couple hours. After we got moving again things were fine until we reached the Phoenix city limits and the freeway was down to one lane for another accident. Ugh! By that time all we wanted to do was GET HOME! (but we still had to pick up the kids) Other than that, it was a good getaway.









No comments:
Post a Comment