Saturday, June 7, 2008

In the Garage

I was outside the other day talking with the neighbors and one of them asked me what my husband's name was. I told him "Greg". He responded, "I haven't really met him, I've just seen him driving his truck." (We have lived here for 3 years) I told him, No, you probably haven't met him. He's not a real social person. (unless you are family or a friend from high school) If he's not at work or on the computer, you will find he has retreated to his "bat cave" or garage. In there, you will find all of his hobbies in one spot. It's his reloading room & his housing for his big boy toys. You'll find power tools, bullets, bikes, lawn care, and the kids. The kids have also taken after daddy. They like to help him in the garage and be his assistants. And when daddy isn't home you can find them in the garage working on their toys. Just the other day I found them in the garage with their toy guns, making adjustments and cleaning them. Then they would set up targets to shoot. It was really cute. Ethan & Aidan would line up empty water bottles. Then Ethan would take his pop-gun (or what he calls his 22-250), rest it on the wagon, aim and say, "BANG". At that point, Aidan would then knock the bottle down and say, "Good job, E.E.!"




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Me said...

How adorable! I can't wait for Hunter to be big enough to Help daddy in the garage. Tatum likes to sometimes now :)
I can't believe that we haven't run into you out here yet, we've been out here 2.5 years. Which neighborhood are you in again?

Brittany said...

That is so cute!!! My boys aren't much for being outside with Lawrence since it's routinely FREEZING and/or WINDY...*sigh* I'd take the heat over cold wind anyday. Winds over 50mph today. UGH!

Gardner Family said...

Greg in his natural habitat. The garage. You may see him venture out into the big outdoors on weekends for a few days at a time. The only thing you won't see, him eatting green veggies. A rare specimen is he.
Love that AA and EE love to hang with Greg.

Anonymous said...

Afton,
My husband spends many hours in the garage too!