Sunday, June 1, 2008

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Yesterday, my friend Nelay threw a bridal shower for her sister Karina. The theme was "Breakfast at Tiffany's". I was told to wear a black dress. I was so excited to get all dolled up, that I decided to do my best to look like Holly Golighlty, so I did the hair, the jewelry, & make-up as well. What do you think, did I get it?



The party was lots of fun. I knew it would be, Nelay is a wonderful party planner. Every little detail was given a lot of thought from the sign in table to the thank you gifts. (Which were our very own "Tiffany" box with jewelry inside.) Kudos to Nelay and Holly who hosted the party. Everything was fabulous. The decorations were adorable, & the food was delicious. All the women wore their best black dress except for Karina, the bride to be. (Apparently she missed the memo.) It was a great "girly" day for me. I don't get too many of those.

(Me, Karina, & Nelay)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gardner Family said...

I'm stealing that idea for one of our girl parties! I'm glad you got out and had a lot of fun. We moms need that often!

Anonymous said...

Afton,
That is so funny! I remember Nelay from NAU, she was in my education program! I thought she was such a fun girl.
Jocelyn