Thursday, August 7, 2008

Another Colorado Trip

For my birthday, we went to Colorado and stayed with my parents in their cabin, again. It was lots of fun. (I knew it would be.) My brother Aaron was able to join us this time. It was lots of fun to have him there. (Sort of...he likes to tease me, or take my husbands side of arguments, so that part was a little annoying.) Cole and his family also came up and joined us at the cabin. For the most part Greg and I just lounged around watching movies in the theater room and taking naps, while the kids ran all over the property playing with their toy guns, playing in the fort or riding the quad. My brother Cole brought up his video camera and decided to make a movie with all the kids. (Our parents used to do that at family reunions when all us kids and cousins were younger, they were pretty funny) Of course, my kids didn't seem too into it. They mostly have action shots, not speaking parts. However, when I saw the finished product, I gotta say, their parts suited them perfectly! I think Ethan was the sheriff's deputy/sharp shooter or something. Now, if you know Greg...you know he loves guns and he takes Ethan shooting with him all the time. So when Cole said chase after the bad guys and shoot your guns, Ethan had no problem whatsoever. He knew exactly what to do, cock it, aim it & fire, reload and repeat. It was pretty darn cute. Aidan was also a sheriff's deputy, he didn't do too much. He just sort of copied what the others were doing. But still, pretty darn cute! I hope Cole is able to download the movie onto his family blog. Then those of you who want to see it can. I'll have to let you know.

The kids had a great time, and wore themsevles out! It was hard to try to get Aidan to take a nap because he just did not want to come inside. I kept asking him if he was tired, does he want to take a nap? His answer, " I not tire! I wanna play!" Tell me, does this picture look like a boy who is not tired....


He fell asleep on the kids table while he was trying to color something. Then the cardboard that was blocking the sun from the window, fell down on him, and he still didn't wake up! It was so funny. Needless to say, on this day, he took his nap.

While in Colorado, Greg, Aaron and I all learned how to play chess. I never thought I would be one who liked to play. I thought it was to complicated, but it's actually pretty fun. I am kind of addicted to it. Come to find out, my dad claims to be undeafeted for 40 years. So of course we all rise to the challenge of taking on my father, but unfortunately, none of us were able to beat him. His winning streak continues.

Aaron and dad, playing chess


This is Ethan in the log "Bark"-a-lounger chair dad made for him in the fort.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

What a fun trip! I'm glad you guys got to go...again! Sounds like everyone had lots of fun!

Melissa said...

I am SO glad you said hi! Sorry it took me forever to respond. We've been gone a lot and I've let my blogging slide. It's actually really funny because we were just at Glenn's house and we saw an old Nuance video. It was fun/funny to watch. I still can't hear Santa Baby with out thinking of your Mom!
Glad to see all is happy in life for you and all your BOYS!!! It must be fun at your house!

Gardner Family said...

It is alway a party at the cabin with you guys there. I'm glad Ethan got his chair so Erik and him won't fight over them now.